Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Egypt Pictures

Tim sent a few more photos from Egypt. His work has started now (no more sight seeing, how sad), so he hasn't been taking as many photos, but here are a few cool ones. Enjoy!

From Tim: "The driving here is crazy and besides the crazy car drivers, there are horse drawn cars on the major highways. Picture a traffic jammed LA highway with cars weaving in and out and horse drawn carts thrown in the mix. Unfortunately when I thought to take a picture, the traffic let up. Oh ya and direction of traffic on the highway is optional - you see cars and carts driving the wrong way against traffic."

Horse-drawn cart
You also see funny things like this... (look closely in the bed of the pickup truck.
The AC is broken in our car and here's the type of temps we are dealing with

A second email from Tim: "Things have gotten busy here, we are working at a site 4hrs drive each way. Here are a few pics of the Mohammad Ali Mosque at the Citadel."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tim, for the pictures.

I looked at the picture of the pick up truck and thought--wow, that is one large but skinny elephant!

Then, I clicked on the picture, it zoomed up in size, and I could see a horse. Still, not your average sight to see!

Anonymous said...

Well, okay, I will leave a second comment.

Thanks, Tim.