At the end of each school year, my company has a party for all the employees and their families. Tim was out of town and not able to make it so I decided to take Cameron as my date. It was held at a nearby restaurant with a miniature golf course. Cameron is always excited to go a party so he was happy to go with me. When we first arrived, we found out that dinner wasn't going to be ready for 1/2 hour or so. We decided to golf first.
Monday, June 07, 2010
Cameron and Nana Party
Today we have a special addition to the blog, a guest poster! Nana (aka Mom, aka Rosemary) wrote a blog entry about the evening that she and Cam spent together the other night. Here are her words and pictures:
At the end of each school year, my company has a party for all the employees and their families. Tim was out of town and not able to make it so I decided to take Cameron as my date. It was held at a nearby restaurant with a miniature golf course. Cameron is always excited to go a party so he was happy to go with me. When we first arrived, we found out that dinner wasn't going to be ready for 1/2 hour or so. We decided to golf first.

Silly me, I actually grabbed a score card and pencil, but we were playing this round by "Cameron's rules". I hit my ball like you are supposed to, but he didn't really like that. He would just walk up closer to the hole, place his ball and give it a good whack (more like a slapshot than a putt).

I had to keep telling him to hold it with two hands like a hockey stick and hit it gently. Every time the ball went in the hole, he raised his arms and shouted "I scored!" We had to wait for the group ahead of us to finish before we could move on, but as soon as they did, Cameron would yell "our turn". He really seemed to enjoy it. We only played about half the holes before we went in to have dinner.


After dinner, it was almost time for him to get home, but I let him sit on a couple of the little rides they have there. Then, because I decided I should be a grandmother who spoils her grandkids, I actually put money in so they would move. He really loved that! They always seem to be broken when he goes with his parents (just as they were when my kids were little).
When Cameron rode on the motorcycle and merry-go-round ride, he wanted to do it again. I said that no, he could only do it one time. He said "Nana, you need to go back to work and get some more money so I can ride it a lot of times".
It was a fun Nana/Cameron evening!
At the end of each school year, my company has a party for all the employees and their families. Tim was out of town and not able to make it so I decided to take Cameron as my date. It was held at a nearby restaurant with a miniature golf course. Cameron is always excited to go a party so he was happy to go with me. When we first arrived, we found out that dinner wasn't going to be ready for 1/2 hour or so. We decided to golf first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment