Thursday, January 29, 2015

Another Business Trip - Destin, FL

At the end of January, I had a conference in Florida.  It was very nice to get away from the Syracuse winter.  The conference lasted all day so I didn't have much time for sightseeing, but the resort that the conference was at was really nice.

View from my hotel room

The hotel was on the bay side

Beautiful sunset view

One of the nights I had oysters for the first time.  They were delicious!  I was so amazed at how much I enjoyed them.

One night I went over and checked out the beach

It looks like a nice beach, but I didn't get to spend more than 15 minutes there.

But in those 15 minutes, I did get to see a lovely sunset.

The next morning I went for a quick run.  Out on one of the piers there were a bunch of pelicans and other sea birds sitting out on all of the pylons.  It was pretty cool.

No comments: