Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Cam Cutes: Boots and Toots

When we got home from daycare the other day, I was putting away the bags and getting Leah out of her car seat. While I was in the middle of all this, Cameron asked me, “Mama, what letters are in ‘boots’?”. Absentmindedly, I spelled it for him, but wasn’t paying attention to what he was doing while I spelled. As I was putting stuff away, he came over and brought me a little whiteboard that we have, that I use to write notes for Tim in the mornings. On it was written, in very shaky handprint, b o o t s. He said, “Mama, I wrote a note for Daddy. He forgot to put my boots on today so I wrote this note to help him remember tomorrow morning.” Needless to say, I was impressed! I didn’t even know that he knew how to write all of those letters, nor that he understood to write them in order. Smart little monkey! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put Cameron to bed last night because Tim was busy downstairs getting stuff ready for a potluck lunch his team was having today. I told Cam that Daddy would be up after he was done cooking. Here is our conversation:
Cameron: Tell Daddy to be careful. The coldy is going to make him gassy.
Mama: The what?
Cameron: The coldy. The coldy he is cooking, it will make him gassy.
Mama: Ohhhhh, you mean the chili he is cooking.
Cameron: Yes, the chili, it will make him gassy. (long pause) Mama, what is gassy?
Mama: Gassy means you have to toot a lot.
Cameron: (laughing) Haha, Daddy is going to toot!

4 comments:

Poppa said...

This is great. I couldn't have gotten through the second conversation without breaking into laughter.

Aunt Susan said...

I am really impressed with the "boots"! Wow!

Cathy said...

Great stories! Cam is a smarty pants and so cute! Kids do say the darndest things! That is so funny! Thanks for making me laugh!

Jaime L said...

I thought the first was great but I bust out laughing with the second - oh Cam :)